Recent content by Bill Anderson

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Bill Anderson

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Thanks for clarifying that.
  2. Bill Anderson

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Quite a lineup. I have not seen a War(p) Bonnet pass through town in some time.
  3. Bill Anderson

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Health issues have kept me from leaving the house this spring and for much of the summer. Wednesday afternoon (7-17-19) my son and I finally made it down to the marsh to photograph birds and passing trains. Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8). Southbound (tt/west) local. Note the...
  4. Bill Anderson

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Which one would you rather be riding behind? ;)
  5. Bill Anderson

UP 4014 BIG BOY.

Maybe a private group associated with a museum will restore #9000 in the future.
  6. Bill Anderson

New Passenger Trains in Cuba

Cuba is rebuilding/upgrading its rail passenger service with equipment from China and Russia. The photos of the Chinese diesels are interesting. China made a large purchase of GE diesels from the US in the mid-late 1980's. I assume that is why these home grown Chinese units look very much...
  7. Bill Anderson

Kalama to get a locomotive

Looked up the loco: it is a class O3 2-8-2 (Mikado).
  8. Bill Anderson

Rail served lumber yards/saw mills.

Back in the 50's and 60's my grandfather collected a number of books about lumber and saw mills in the Pacific Northwest region of the US. Some of these books (or reprints) look like they might be available on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/This-Was-Sawmilling-Ralph-Andrews/dp/0887405940...
  9. Bill Anderson

UP 4014 BIG BOY.

Good shots. Just a pipe dream, but I wish the UP or a private group would restore 4-12-2 #9000, the sole survivor of its class, to service. That would compete the set of iconic UP steam locomotives in operation. http://www.railgiants.org/union-pacific.htm Bowing to reality, I'm sure...
  10. Bill Anderson

For 40 Years, Crashing Trains Was One of America’s Favorite Pastimes

Not all staged train wrecks stopped in the 1930's.
  11. Bill Anderson

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Itsed65 invented the compression obsession.
  12. Bill Anderson

IAIS 6988 Menlo, IA 6-29-2019

Good photos. Is the 6988 a Chinese engine manufactured in DaTong?
  13. Bill Anderson

New member.

Welcome aboard. I have run into rail enthusiasts from the UK touring the US. With the miracle of the intern, they know as much about US railroads as I do.
  14. Bill Anderson

Sri Lanka Railways

Sounds good. Keep posting photos.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com