Recent content by Bill Anderson

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Bill Anderson

Vintage trip

That train wasted no time getting out of town.
  2. Bill Anderson

Eritrea 2018 - 14: Final Steam Morning (50 p.)

Great shots, especially the first one with the sun rising over the mountains.
  3. Bill Anderson

Where is the Omaha Posse?

Here is the vehicle you need for chasing trains around Omaha/Council Bluffs. Sent to me by my brother-in-law. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/diamond-t/unspecified/2254906.html?refer=news#&gid=1&pid=2
  4. Bill Anderson

I went to that website and followed a few more links to this map, which is useful for us out-of-towners not familiar with the area. Studying the map, it is funny how it omitted portions of the mainlines in the west, which show up as gaps in the green.
  5. Bill Anderson

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Is the train coming out of a siding?
  6. Bill Anderson

I just read that a second "bomb" cyclone has hit western Nebraska and more high water may be headed your way. https://www.yahoo.com/news/bomb-cyclone-storm-cuts-power-disrupts-travel-central-050321359.html
  7. Bill Anderson

BNSF's Panhandle Sub

I believe they are antennas for positive train control (PTC).
  8. Bill Anderson

Eritrea 2018 - 13: Levels (50 p.)

Spectacular. Even with the excellent photos and map, it is hard to get the proper perspective of the geography, elevation, different levels and 3.3% grade. I think one can truly say, "You had to be there."
  9. Bill Anderson

Need Help Identifying Patch

Pure speculation on my part: a reference to Bear Mountain, New York? https://parks.ny.gov/parks/13/details.aspx
  10. Bill Anderson

Good catch on 8444, the former number of UP Northern 844.
  11. Bill Anderson

Mid West Flooding 2019

The Omaha Posse has been posting up photos of the flooding in the Omaha-Council Bluffs area. I am starting this thread for members to post photos of flooding in all parts of the Mid West such as the Dakotas and Minnesota.
  12. Bill Anderson

All I can say is WOW! :eek:
  13. Bill Anderson

Road Closed signs should be accompanied by signs that read Violators Will Not Be Rescued.
  14. Bill Anderson

K36 Locomotives #487 & #489 Doubleheading at Windy Point, Co.

Good footage. I thought you had captured an eagle soaring overhead in the first minute, then I realized it was your drone.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com