Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Crossing the Dead Horse
NCphotographer

Crossing the Dead Horse

Former WP&Y 190 Crosses the Dead Horse Trestle
Great photo, thanks. Where in the world is Dead Horse trestle?

It's on private property at a park called Tweetsie Railroad that actually uses live steam on a 3 mile loop. They run it like an actual railroad, and use real narrow gauge equipment. Engine 12 was an origional ET&WNC engine, and they picked up 190 from Whitepass and Yukon.

Well, once again, where is this? I would assume North Carolina from your user name, and from the limited knowledge I have of the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina (ET&WNC). I hate to press the obvious point, but other folks accessing this information may not know that.

Sorry, I was tied up in the game before and I forgot to mention it's in Blowing Rock, NC. That's in the North West corner of the state. They put on a railfan weekend every year. When this year's information becomes available I am going to post it.

Media information

Category
Bridges and Trestles
Added by
NCphotographer
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back